Friday, October 07, 2005

Peter, Bjorn & John

I just realized that it's been a full week since I posted any new bands. I've been too busy dicking around with other silly posts. Well, to get back on the saddle, here is a trio out of Stockholm named Peter, Bjorn & John. They just released their North American debut album called Falling Out.

Like their counterparts in Scandanavia, they are master pop craftsmen. To challenge themsleves they even mixed in the vocals from one of those Speak & Spell Toys from the 80's into their song "Far Away, By My Side". Those crazy swedes!

Seriously, their songs are well-built tunes with lots of pop hooks but they bring it a little stronger than a lot of the pop bands I've been posting here. The second tune is their cover of The Concretes' "Teen Love".

You can get the album for $10 through Parasol. One last note about them...if anyone can get their website to work please let me know how you did it. I'm stumped.

Peter, Bjorn and John - Far Away, By My Side
Peter, Bjorn and John - Teen Love

You can also stream another song, "It Beat Me Every Time", from the Parasol page.

Thanks to Swedesplease for tipping me off to these guys.

No comments: