Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Split Lip Rayfield

Hey look! Clint Mathis has a band!

OK, it isn't Clint Mathis circa banging one in versus Korea...but it sure does look like him.

Split Lip Rayfield is a bluegrass band out of Wichita that I would put in the boat with Old Crow Medicine Show. Bluegrass with a bit of a sneering punk attitude. They just played the Austin City Limits music festival to good reviews and are going on a nationwide tour. However, the closest they are coming to New England is Troy, NY. Too bad, it would have been interesting to hear what a bass made out of an old gas tank sounds like live.

When I started this post, I was planning on using some links from thier website to share a few mp3 files. However, I just realized that the links are now dead. So, in place of that, you can go to their MySpace page and stream a few tunes. I'd recommend the song "Hundred Dollar Bill".

No comments: