Thursday, September 01, 2005

The Clientele

There was some kizmet in the air tonight that suggested that I post about The Clientele.

First, Stereogum has a post up about their new album Strange Geometry including a link to the first single off the album, "Since K Got Over Me".

Then I noticed that the Iron Horse down in Northampton, MA just added a Clientele show on Thu. 10/27. So, it seemed like perfect timing to hang a post about the sweet folk-pop band from Hampshire (that's old Hampshire; not the new-fangled Hampshire next door to VT).

The problem with the show on the 27th is that The Mountain Goats are playing at the Iron Horse the night before and I'm not making that drive on back-to-back nights. If John Darniele has a full band with him, then I'd probably go with that show since The Sunset Tree is one of my favorites of the year.

The Clientele - Since K Got Over Me (courtesy of Stereogum)

No comments: