I love reading the riders for bands to see all of the oddball items that bands deem vital to their happiness / success / satisfaction / whatever on the road. It always seems so random and high maintenance. I understand that they have to be specific to curtail unscrupulous promoters but some of the stuff is kind of silly.
The Smoking Gun has a nice archive of these riders but now the rider for The White Stripes has been posted on The Modern Age.
- They ask for $100,000 a show.
- A small children's piano.
- 24 bottles of non-carbonated Volvic mineral water.
- 1 litre of soybean milk from non-GM soy.
- Doritos potato chips - original flavor (I hope these last two are for different people).
- Fresh vegetables: baby carrots, green and red peppers.
- One packet of artificial sweetener.
- It is very important that there is plenty of ice and that it is changed regularly.
What kind of barbarians are these residents of Kaliningrad? No Doritos!