Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Angry Feedback

While most of the feedback I've gotten so far has been very positive and supportive, I did get some amusingly negative comments from a friend today. This is from the email that he sent out to our fantasy football league after learning that I was writing a blog:

Murf, why not post on what its like to be a stay at home dad who is on the payroll of some unknowing NJ company? Or a computer pansie? What the fuck is all that shit? How do you find the time to read the 4 comments your blog has inspired? I make a motion to expel Murf from the league! THis blogging activity is bad for the HFL image, it is conduct unbecoming. That is the worst crap, other than the Bullock article, I have ever been exposed to. No one gives a fuck about those sorry assed bands, that is why they are touring VERMONT! Vermont has turned your brain to syrup. Do you write that shit while your babies are napping, or can you do it over their heads while you breastfeed? NEWSFLASH: VERMONT MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL IS NOT SPORTS! Gary we need to form a recog team and go get Murf from the cult that has imprisioned him the past years, we need to find the old Murf.

Just so it is clear, I think his review of my blog is hilarious.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I find it equally hilarious as a stay at home dad.

Flatlander said...

The funnt part is that I'm not a stay-at-home dad. My friend just can't get it through his thick skull.

I telecommute every day to a company in NJ but my kids go to daycare. I would love to have them home with me but it would be impossible to get any work done. My friend just never understands the idea of telecommuting so he refers to me as a stay-at-home dad.

He's not a dumb guy. He has a masters and a JD but he's chooses to be ignorant on certain subjects when it benefits his punchlines.