Thursday, December 14, 2006

Pufferfish

I don't think I'll ever get sick of alt-country - at least not good alt-country. There's something about the hipster version of our forefather's classics that I'm drawn to. The dirty/dusty/rusty sheen layed over a steady suburban trained beat, tweased guitar strings, and a imperfectly pitched croon. It slays me.

From the other side of this continent comes Pufferfish. This three-piece from Seatlle share an aural place amongst Richard Buckner (my first love), The Band, and old-time country. Their month old debut album, Hello Zero, has received a fair amount of praise in their Northwest homeland. Pufferfish is set to perform a live in-studio performance on KEXP at noon on Dec 19th. These two songs have been in heavy rotation.


Pufferfish | Decoder Ring | Buy
Pufferfish | Familiar

No comments: