Monday, December 11, 2006

2006 Year End Survey | Bo Muller-Moore

We have merchants too! And not just any merchant. We have the king of printed cotton.

Bo Muller-Moore, the man behind the ubiquitous Eat More Kale shirts in Vermont is a big music fan and was kind enough to clean the ink off his hands to send over his favorites of the year.

By the way, if you are looking for a unique Christmas gift for someone, imagine your hipster friend's reaction when they unwrap a shirt with ravens, a bear, a turtle or a moose on it. I think he can still get the shirts out by Christmas but don't wait too long. I think he has a 1.5 week turnaround time.

1) What was your favorite song of 2006?

Biodiesel, by Circatree. Go to myspace Circatree to hear it. These young men have only played together for @3 months. They have quite a thing going. (the guitar player lived in Mont. until recently and hooked up with these youngsters to play some pants rattlin' trance rock.)

2) What was your favorite album of 2006?

Yell Fire by Michael Franti and Spearhead. I like my bass "loudy, loudy, louder.".

3) What was your favorite concert of 2006?

4 weeks before seeing Beck at Bonnaroo, I thought to myself, late one night, "What is Beck doing RIGHT NOW to prepare for Bonnaroo?". As it turns out: he was assembling an army of puppeteers and their "Beck Band" puppets to play along side him at his big Bonnaroo performance. He and his puppets wore the same clothes, played the same instruments, used the same props and even sang to their own respective camera men. Bravo Zulu Beck. You have gone above and beyond the call of entertainment.

4) What was your favorite thing about 2006?

So much for supporting local.......Sirius Satellite radio. It has turned me on to more music that all of my friends combined. It also supports musicians, on specific channels, that don't get radio play on "testicular" radio.

5) What are your best wishes for 2007?

For the POLICE to play a reunion tour in mid-sized theaters. I'd pay $100 per ticket to see them at the Flynn or the Foxx, or the etc.ect. I love the Police and like people better if they also love and respect the Police (the band).

Michael Franti | I Know I'm Not Alone | Buy

No comments: