I don't do many link dumps but I have a bunch of stuff piling up. So, here it goes:
- Casey, over at solidstate, has a new podcast up, as well, as a cover of The Beach Boys' "Hold On Dear Brother" that he recorded under his one-man band name The Contrarian. If you aren't familiar with the original tune, it's featured in the podcast. So, the two files go together nicely.
- k, over at Analog Giant, snagged some editing software and made a sweet mix of his favorite tunes of the year. It's always nice to have a year of blogging boiled down into a one hour mp3 file.
- Bo has a post about how his family likes to celebrate Christmas. I don't want to give away the surprise but it's sure to give you a Rocky Mountain High.
- If you haven't checked out Wolfgang's Vault yet, give it a whirl before it gets shut down. It's an archive of legendary promoter Bill Grahman's bootleg collection. The sound quality of these shows is fantastic and it's all free (streaming only). You have to register but it isn't anything painful. So far, my favorite is The Clash show at the Agora in Cleveland in 1979.
- While our year-end survey has rolled on, the originator of the survey, extrawack!, has also been posting the responses he's been receiving from musicians. Check out the responses from Carey & Traceyanne of Camera Obscura, Kevin Barnes of Of Montreal, Sammy from The Mooney Suzuki, Aziz Ansari of Clell Tickle fame and many more.
- Worst. Sports Report. Ever. It's almost painful to watch. You'll be hiding behind your keyboard.
- Two tickets to see Arcade Fire in Montreal in February? $315 including shipping and the bidding will continue until Jan. 2nd.