Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Winter Coat Drive

Another sign of winter is here. It's time for the annual Karen Kitzmiller Memorial Winter Coat Drive which is an easy and great event.

Here's how it works...if you have any winter coats in your house nobody is wearing any longer, bring them to Montpelier's City Hall this Friday, Oct 19 between noon and 7pm. If you need a coat to keep warm this winter, stop by anytime between 3pm and 7pm on Friday or 9am and 2pm on Saturday.

We've dropped off a bunch of adult coats in the past but I think we'll have some coats our kids have outgrown for the drive this year.

Lastly, the drive isn't limited to coats. Snowpants, hats, mittens and boots will also work.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Brian, Paul in Danville here. Thanks a lot for putting the Capstan Shafts videos up on youtube. I'm really bitter about missing that show. My babysitting fell through at the last moment. I would like to be going to see Stars tonight, but whereas I thought "Set Yourself" was a brilliant album, the new one is kinda too synth-poppy for me, so I don't feel that bad about it. Already looking forward to Popfest New England in November--Andrea and I are going to make a weekend out of it. Best wishes.