Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Desdamona

Looking for something a bit more cool and sultry than the usual indie rock fare? Give Desdamona a try.

Desdamona is a hip hop singer from Minneapolis with a soulful voice and a loungy beat. I heard the title track from her 2007 album The Source on MPR's The Current and found it to be more European than Midwestern in its sound and feel; which is a good thing for me.

I'm not sure what I think of the line on her ring "unleash the goddess within"; it sounds a bit like hippie babble to me but I'll let it slide when the tunes are this good.

Desdamona | The Source | Buy






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Desdmona is a very talented poet/singer. The Source is a great CD and deserves a listen. Every song is unique and interesting. She makes you think!

princess of the poem: Desdamona said...

just wanted to say thanks for checking out the cd and writing about it. :)