Monday, July 10, 2006

Contrast Podcast | Parlez Vous Français?

With France losing in the World Cup finals today, I thought I'd mention that the theme for the most recent Contrast Podcast is "songs in french". I contributed a song from Montreal-based band Les Breastfeeders called "Mini Jupe et Watusi". Great song.

The podcast is stacked with a bunch of good tunes such as Dutronc's "Le Responsible", Miou Miou's "A l'ete de la saint martin", Stereolab's "Miss Modular" and Serge Gainsbourg "Bonnie & Clyde". Plus, you can now stream the podcast from the site. So, if you aren't in the mood for downloading a 64MB file, just stream it.

I was also thinking of submitting a tune from Eux Autres or Fabienne Delsol but ultimately decided to go with Les Breastfeeders since they never seem to get mentioned in the blogosphere. Plus, I can just share the tracks from the Eux Autres and Fabienne Delsol here as a supplement to the podcast.

The theme for the next Contrast Podcast will be Beatles covers. It filled up very quickly and I didn't get a chance to submit anything but I'm hoping somebody got Stevie Wonder's version of "We Can Work It Out" in there.

Les Breastfeeders | Mini Jute et Watusi
Fabienne Delsol | Laisse tomber les filles
Eux Autres | Ecoutez Bien!
Dutronc | Le Responsible

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bummer about the Beatles covers. I've got a version of Hendrix doing Day Tripper that I love.

TK