Sunday, July 16, 2006

The Little Ones

It's already mid-July and I haven't trotted out any posts on "good summer albums". So, I thought I'd finally get my ass in gear with an EP from a new band out of LA called The Little Ones. The six-song disc is called Sing Song and reminds me a lot of one of my 2005 faves The Spinto Band. Lots of summery classic 60's pop. Nothing transformational but just a fun album to have blowing out your car window.

Now, to be honest, I'm kind of late on The Little Ones. I'm the third VT blogger to pimp the California quintet. gjs over at Pages Within tipped me off to them back in May and then Tiny Meat tossed them up on one of his Tuesday indie music dumps. So, that's three of us showing love for these guys. In the small world of VT bloggers about music, that's almost overkill.

The Little Ones | Lovers Who Uncover
The Little Ones | Cha Cha Cha

No comments: