Monday, July 24, 2006

Daytrotter

I don't know how popular Daytrotter is but I dig what they are doing so I thought I'd pass the word. Daytrotter is a site that asks touring bands to stop by their studio in Rock Island, IL to record four songs in two hours. Then they put those songs up on their site along with an article about the band, a brief interview and photos of the session. That's it. Simple. Yet, if you get good bands, it becomes a great idea.

Well, the guy who runs it, Sean Moeller, seems to have good enough connections to land a nice collection of bands as they roll through Illinois. So far, they've had (among others) The M's, Sunset Rubdown (Wolf Parade side project), Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin, Hockey Night, Casey Dienel and this week they have San Francisco's dirty folk duo, Two Gallants.

The Daytrotter song files are available on each of the pages I linked to for that band. You can also stream the most recent songs from the site, if you prefer.

jds last week was raving about the tunes from Sunset Rubdown's session. I downloaded them but haven't had the chance to spend a lot of time with them yet.

No comments: