Monday, January 28, 2008

Dean & Britta | Coming to Montreal | Feb 8

OK. I'm a bit confused on this one. I'm not sure if Dean & Britta are opening for Keren Ann, if Keren Ann is opening for them or if they are co-headlining. Jambase gives the impression that Dean & Britta are the headliner. The website for Cabaret du Musee Juste Pour Rire suggests that Ann is the big cheese since they only mention her on the schedule. And lastly, Brooklyn Vegan makes me think they are splitting stage time equally with their post on the show.

I wish I knew because I'd happily drive to Montreal to see Dean & Britta if they are going to play for a while but I'm not a Keren Ann fan and don't want to deal with the drive for a half-hour set. I guess I'll just have to call the venue and hope I don't get "Yes. I speak English. I don't know. Let me check."; only to be permanently placed on hold. We'll see what I get.

For those that don't know, Dean & Britta are Dean Wareham and Britta Phillips of Luna (and Galaxie 500 for Wareham). Last year, they released Back Numbers which is bland at times and fantastic at others. If you liked Luna, then you'll love the mellow atmospheric melody high points of Back Numbers. If not, then you may want to skip this one.

Having said that, I was a big Galaxie 500 and Luna fan back in the day. So, I'm eager to hear this album live. However, I'd like to first find out who's playing when.

Dean & Britta | Words You Used to Say | Buy







Dean & Britta | Say Goodnight | Buy








photo courtesy of kirstiecat

No comments: