Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Gustav & The Seasick Sailors

It's been over a week since I've posted about a band from Sweden and I was starting to get the shakes. So, I figured I'd feed my demons and throw a post up about Gustav & The Seasick Sailors.

Gustav is some punk-ass 20-year-old from Helsingborg who fancies himself a songwriter. Well...actually...based upon the tune "Nightlife", he is a pretty good songwriter.

The tune is a built-up sugary-sweet pop diddy with a folk base. Did I mention it's sugary-sweet? Hell, Gustav makes Belle & Sebastian sound like Fugazi. But despite it's easily digestible qualities, it's a good tune to throw into a mix CD or playlist. Piano. Organ. Acoustic guitar. Drums and bass. It reminds me of Hothouse Flowers a bit (without the brogue).

Gustav & The Seasick Sailors - Nightlife

No comments: