Friday, September 29, 2006

Vermont In the Blogs

Perhaps it just my own lack of self-confidence but I'm always stunned when I read about any aspect of the Vermont music scene on non-Vermont blogs. Last week, this happened twice...TWICE!

Sorry, I still have a bit of Art Brut on my mind from my last post.

Back on topic, here are the two posts about Vermont:

The first was from DoneWaiting which has been chronicling the recent tour of The Black Swans. I'm not familiar with the band but one of their tour stops was at Langdon Street Cafe in Montpelier. It sounds like they walked all over town last Saturday. The previous entry in their tour diary was about their stop in Burlington and playing Radio Bean. Overall, it sounds like they liked VT despite the small crowds.

The other post wasn't as surprising since Brad often mentions Vermont bands in his posts. However, the write-up on Bradley's Almanac for Burlington's James Kochalka Superstar was
surprising in it's breadth and depth on all things JKS. It must include every single link to JKS' internet presence. Plus, Brad, as always, hooks everyone up with the live mp3 files.

By the way, Casey has a video up from JKS here.

No comments: