Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Bonnie 'Prince' Billy | Daytrotter Session

Calling all Bonnie 'Prince' Billy fans. The man has recorded four songs for the most recently released Daytrotter Session. Four songs. One from his upcoming album, The Letting Go. Two earlier tunes including fan favorite "New Partner" and one previously unreleased tune.

The session is basically just Oldham and a guitar. However, the beauty of his songs seem to shine through regardless of the instrumentation.

There is also an interview with the furry little man. And interviews with the furry little man are always interesting. For example, here's one of the Q&A's:

What haven’t you done in life that you madly still want to do?

BPB: I want to witness a Merle Haggard session. I’d like to grow gills. I would like to smear tar in the drawers of our vice president. I would like to learn Portuguese. Have a kid. There’s a list longer than my life, but just thinking about these things is sometimes food enough. And since I was a little boy I wanted to press my naked body against that of Farrah Fawcett. It isn’t too late, I know.

Come on. Who wouldn't want to do that?

Speak Portugese, I mean. It would come in handy for the 2014 World Cup in Brazil.

The songs are available for download on this page.

2 comments:

kingdomforavoice said...

Thanks for the heads up, you can never have enough Bonnie "Prince" Billy.

sex shop discreto said...

Thanks for your post, quite worthwhile material.