The second installment of the False 45th Record Club will take place on Tuesday, September 9th at the Black Door in Montpelier. Our first go-around in June was wildly successful and, taking a look at the submissions thus far, we expect nothing less for our second run. Song submissions are due Sunday, September 7th, so get them in.
A couple of months have passed since June's record club and it's time for the next one. This one will be on Tuesday, Sep 9. Everything else is the same deal.
If you'd like to participate, email me two songs you'd like to share by Sunday, Sep 7. The same rules apply regarding the selection of songs.
If this is the first time you've heard of the False 45th Record Club, then you can read about the concept here. The song list from the last one is here.
Here are the details:
When: Tuesday, Sep 3 @ 8pm
Where: The Black Door in Montpelier
Who: Anyone. If people don't want to submit songs but just want to hang out for the night, please do. Bring whoever your want.
What: Send us TWO songs.
(1) Every genre and time period is fair game. You have some kick-ass polka you'd like to share? Let's play it.
(2) The two songs must be from different artists and different albums. The emphasis is on variety.
(3) The songs have to be eight minutes or less. We won't have enough time to get through everyone's songs if someone drops a twenty minute Godspeed You Black Emperor track on us.
(4) They can't be from your own band. We don't want people using this as an opportunity to just pimp their own bands.
(5) Send us your songs by Sep 7 so we have time to burn the CDs.
Suggestion: Keep in mind that your songs will be playing in a bar. Therefore, a quiet atmospheric piece may not be heard over the din of chatter and beer glasses. It'll need a little volume to be noticed.
Submissions: Send your songs to False45thRecordClub@gmail.com
There are two updates since the last club meeting:
(1) Someone has offered to correct the equalizer for each song as the playlist progresses over the night. That should help with some of the songs being too bassy, low, etc.
(2) I spoke to The Black Door about doing a drink special on beer that night. They seemed to be cool about it. They said they'd talk about it and let me know. So, hopefully, we'll have some cheaper beers this time.