Thursday, May 22, 2008

Overheard at Epcot

I recently had to go to Epcot for the first time and, while wandering around the dizzying array of faux crap, I got to overhear these choice snippets of conversations.

1st Conversation

Mom: "Hey kids! Look! There's our Canada!"

Son: [after staring at "Canada" for a few seconds] "Dad, why are there totem poles there?"

Dad: "Uhhhhh, I don't know. I guess Walt Disney thinks there are totem poles in Canada."

2nd Conversation

Young Daughter: "Come on, Mom. Let's run!"

Mom: "No. You know I can't run without my iPod."

3rd Conversation

Wife, with foreign accent, to her husband: "Honey, quick! Get your camera! It's another one of those squirrels."

1 comment:

jds said...

I too was in Orlando last week. While in a ridiculous electronics/shoe store near the gates of Disney I heard the following:
Woman: "I lost the charger for my memory card"
Clerk: "Huh?"