Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Cady's Falls Nursery

Now that it's back to gardening season, here's a quick tip for buying perennials. The best nursery in the area is Cady's Falls Nursery in Morrisville. The variety of plants they sell is fantastic (as you can see from the photos on their site and their catalog) and everything is field grown which means it's proven to be hardy enough for your yard. Planting stuff born in greenhouses can be tricky since you aren't sure if it'll winter very well up here. However, I've never had a problem with anything I've bought from Cady's Falls.

The other nice part of Cady's Falls are their gardens. When they're in bloom, it's a great place to wander around. Plus, the garden gives you a chance to see the plants they are setting in a real environment. You can pick up a lot of ideas about what to plant where just by wandering down their paths.

Don't bring credit cards. They don't take them. I've made that mistake myself. However, the husband and wife who own the place are incredibly kind. In fact, when I screwed up and didn't bring any cash or a check with me, they let me take the plants and just asked that I send them a check later. Now, that's service.

The one downside to Cady's Falls is finding it. Be sure to call for directions before going. It isn't marked very well and can be tricky to find. Their phone number is 802-888-5559.

No comments: