Sunday, November 18, 2007

Elvis Perkins | Coming to Burlington | Nov 30

Last Spring, Elvis Perkins took the stage in Higher Ground's Grand Ballroom as the opener for Clap Your Hands. Six months later, he's back as a headliner in the Showcase Lounge at Higher Ground and based upon his textured-folk-come-chamber-pop album Ash Wednesday and his earlier performance at Higher Ground, I'll be there.

I remember missing half of his set last Spring but the passionate half I saw was superior to the lackluster set that CYHSY dropped on us that night. In fact, I remember thinking that I wished Elvis was the headliner. Well, I guess I got my wish.

I had known for a long time that Perkins is the son of the actor Anthony Perkins who dies of AIDS in the early 90's. However, I just recently learned that his mother was a passenger on one of the flights on 9/11. Sweet Jesus. Either of those deaths would be a lot to bare. However, to deal with both in one lifetime is unimaginable. So sad.

Elvis Perkins | While You Were Sleeping | Buy







Elvis Perkins | All the Night Without Love | Buy








photo courtesy of One-Eyed-Cat

No comments: