Monday, November 05, 2007

Wiggly Old Party


I sometimes feel weird about being in my late 30's and still attending concerts regularly. However, these folks are ridiculous.

Courtesy of New York Magazine:

COLLEEN LENAHAN
32, from Lake Hiawatha, New Jersey
Came with: “I’m here by myself.”
Wiggles shows: 126.
You brought props. My Wags the Dog hat and my Wiggles backpack. My shirt’s of guitar legends. Murray [the “red” Wiggle] is surrounded by Jimi Hendrix, Bo Diddley, B.B. King, and Stevie Ray Vaughan.
What’s the farthest you’ve traveled for a show? To Sydney, Australia. I would go again in a heartbeat.


CHRISTINE RICCARDO
40, from Cresskill, New Jersey
Came with: son Alex, 4½.
Wiggles shows: 26.
Got props? I brought fruit-salad hats to tease the Wiggles. It’s kind of become a running joke.
Have you been to shows without the kids? Only two.
Did you feel silly? Oh, yeah. It’s all about being silly.
What’ll happen when Alex gets older? He’ll probably grow out of the Wiggles, but so what. I’ll still go to shows.

No comments: