Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Favourite Sons

OK. Anyone who blogs about music gets lots of emails from record promoters touting their latest customers. Because my brother-in-law has had some bad experiences with record promoters, I usually feel negative towards anything coming from one of them. I've even been working on a post about the crazy band descriptions that promoters throw at you but that'll wait for a later day.

Today, I received an email from someone hyping a band called Favourite Sons from NYC. I took a minute to listen to the tune and you know what??? It's a decent tune. Cool little rocker with a bunch of hooks.

I don't know much else about the band because their website has jackshit on it and my company's filters block myspace. But like I said, I like this tune. So, I thought I'd throw it up here as a quick post. It's from their upcoming album, Down Beside Your Beauty, which comes out Sept. 12th.

I checked YouTube to see if there was a video for it. I didn't find one but by searching for "Favourite Sons", I found this sweet highlight video of Machester's favourite son, George Best. So, while it doesn't have anything to do with the band, it's a great video to watch. Enjoy.



Favourite Sons | Hang On, Girl | Buy

1 comment:

K said...

Is that a bit of Duncan Sheik?