Friday, August 18, 2006

Asobi Seksu | Coming to Montreal | Sep 19th

September and October are shaping up to be crazy months for shows. I'm slowly getting around to posting about all of them. Here's what I've posted so far:

Sep 11th | Rogue Wave | Higher Ground
Sep 12th | M. Ward | La Sala Rosa (Montreal)
Sep 23rd | Lambchop | Le National (Montreal)

Add to that, Asobi Seksu at Green Room in Montreal on Sep 19th. I've never seen the NYC dream popsters but I like their new album Citrus and have heard they are a good live band. I'm defnitely going to the Lambchop show. So, catching Asobi Seksu would mean two trips north in one week. Hmmm. I'll have to think about this one.

The show is at Green Room (on Rue St. Laurent) which I haven't heard of before and can't find a website for. The show isn't listed on Admission.com but there is another show at Green
Room listed. So, hopefully, when tickets go on sale, Admission.com will sell them.

Asobi Seksu | New Years | Buy
Asobi Seksu | Merry Christmas (I Don't Want To Fight Tonight) | Buy

Here's their video for "Thursday":

2 comments:

kingdomforavoice said...

How far away is Montreal?

Flatlander said...

Two hours on the nose from Montpelier. I don't know how far Chelsea is from Montpelier but I know the Williamstown exit on I-89 is 12 minutes away and the Randolph exit is 20 minutes from Montpelier. So, I'd guess it's about 2 1/2 hours from Chelsea to Montreal.

For other shows, I'm guessing Burlington is about an hour from Chelsea. Boston would be about 2 hours and 20 minutes and the Iron Horse in Northampton is a shade under 2 hours from you.

The closest venue for you would probably be the Fuel Rocket Club at Dartmouth which is just over the Connecticut River in Hanover (about 30 minutes from you). Plus, the shows there are free (including the beer). The tricky part is finding out about the shows. The students do a poor job of keep the website for the club updated. So, you kind of have to hound them or accidentally stumble upon a date while looking at a band's tour schedule.