Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Yo Gabba Gabba!

When I was a kid in the 70's, the freakiest kids shows were put together by Sid and Marty Krofft. I never understood what the hell was going on during H.R Pufnstuf or Sigmund & the Sea Monsters but I kept watching simply because...well, I'm not sure why I watched but I liked the freakiness.

These days, it seems like the torch of freaky kids programs has been passed to the lead singer of The Aquabats, Christian Jacobs (aka The MC Bat Commander) and his show Yo Gabba Gabba!. My daughter is completely in love with the show but I can't, for the life of me, figure out what the hell is going on. Yet, it's incredibly colorful and fun to look at. Check out this sample to see what I'm talking about:


The dude in the orange hat is DJ Lance Rock and Biz Markie occasionally makes an appearance but, occasionally, they work in some indie rock as well such as when they used a Low tune in a cartoon.

Good stuff...even if it's freaky.

3 comments:

kingdomforavoice said...

My son loves the show, we all sing the snack snack snack song and the brush your teeth song.

friendshipday said...

We are giving you for free friendship day greetings on this best occassion.
We are giving you for free friendship day pictures on this best occassion.
We are giving you for free friendship day images on this best occassion.

Jai said...

Friendship Day is a day for celebrating friendship with our lovable friends