Wednesday, May 17, 2006

New Nouvelle Vague

Guess what? Everyone's favorite French electronica 80's new wave cover band is back with a new album full of re-interpretations of our childhood's record collections. Last year around this time, I was raving about Nouvelle Vague's self-titled debut album. However, I didn't have a blog at this time last year so the only people that heard my ravings were my wife and kids.

Bande a Part won't be available until June 27th. However, this thing is leaking fast. The half-dozen tracks I've heard so far don't rank as high on the ear candy meter as last year's album but they don't suck either. They're still cool, sexy and fun. Particularly thier take on The Buzzcocks' "Ever Fallen In Love".

Nouvelle Vague | Ever Fallen In Love (Buzzcocks)
Nouvelle Vague | The Killing Moon (Echo & the Bunnymen)

3 comments:

Jim said...

Love the Buzzcocks cover.

Flatlander said...

That's my favorite so far too. And I've always love The Killing Moon so I'm digging that one too.

K said...

there joy division song isnt bad. hey they also have a track on the new thievery corporation which is great.