Friday, February 10, 2006

Greg Davis & Sebastien Roux

Here's a perfect example of why I have a New Year's Resolution to learn more about the VT music scene. Not only are there some good musicians in VT, but there are musicians in VT that are pulling down 7.8 ratings from Pitchfork...and I've never heard of them.

I caught this on solidstate today and was pleasantly surprised to read about it. Say what you will about Pitchfork but it's some nice exposure for a local musician.

Greg Davis lives in Burlington where he combines acoustic guitar with a laptop of electronic sounds and field recordings. For the album, Paquet Surprise, Davis collaborated with Parisian Sebastien Roux. Obviously, since I just learned about Davis, the review and this album tonight, I can't make any strong statements about the album. However, I found an mp3 from the album on Swen's Weblog that I'm enjoying. It feels like a more atmospheric version of Hanalei.

I know I'm only a month into my resolution but so far, it's been bearing more fruit than I expected. I think I've underestimated the scene here.

Greg Davis & Sebastien Roux | I Never Met Her

2 comments:

Tanner M. said...

Greg's an amazing musician, who makes amazing music, and who has the most amazing beard.

Anonymous said...

His beard is indeed righteous.

As is the man.