Saturday, April 22, 2006

Cooperstown

When I was in Cleveland this week, my co-workers and I were trying to decide where to go for lunch. A few of them wanted to go to Alice Cooper's restaurant and I didn't know of any alternatives. So, we had lunch at Alice's Cooperstown. The place is basically a sports bar with some memorabilia from Cooper and his cronies like Ted Nugent.

If Alice Cooper had any coolness left to his persona, it's gone now. The place stinks.

However, that isn't very surprising. What I'm wondering about is whether in twenty years we'll be seeing equally hideous Marilyn Manson restaurant. Cooper was a pretty freaky figure in the 70's; much like Manson was in the 90's. Will Manson eventually fully abandon his persona to sell out to the future frat boys of America who bought his CDs as kids?

My guess....yeh, probably.

No comments: