Thursday, February 21, 2008

Sia | Coming to Montreal | Mar 4

I'm a bit up in the air about Sia. I know I'm enjoying her new album Some People Have Real Problems. However, I'm not sure why.

I've always admitted that I watch too much American Idol but now I'm wondering if the show is starting to impact my musical tastes. For some reason, I'm drawn to the Idol-like sweeping dramatic heavily orchestrated production of Sia's album which I often detest. When I listen to the album, I even find myself thinking, "This sounds like it could be on American Idol. I wonder what Randy, Paula and Simon would think of it. Oh, yeh. Randy would dig this."

Then again, perhaps I'm just being sucked in by the smoky but smooth and soulful voice of the former Zero 7 singer. Either way, her album is doing it for me these days. I'm just a bit worried about why.

Sia will be performing at Les Saints in Montreal on Mar 4. While I'd like to see that show, it's unlikely I'll go though because 1) it's the night our kids get back from a week at their grandparents and I'll be eager to see them and 2) it's the night of the Vermont primary and I'll want to be around to see Obama win the state. Otherwise, I'd be in the front row swaying to the vibes.

She's also playing in Boston the following night at the Paradise but that show is sold out already.

Sia | Electric Bird | Buy







Sia | Little Black Sandals | Buy






2 comments:

kingdomforavoice said...

Any word on when the Destroyer tickets go on sale?

ToddMax said...

Okay,
Tough for me to admit, but Im a sucker for Breathe Me after I heard it on Six Feet Under a couple of years ago.
Really tough, since I was just reading the thread on Big Soccer about The Jesus Lizard. A bit of contrast to say the least.