Friday, March 24, 2006

Album Draft | Round Eight

In the eighth round of the album draft, I dipped into the gospel pool with The Swan Silvertones. I don't know where these guys rank against other gospel acts but I thought it would be a good pick since nobody had touched that genre yet and The Swan Silvertones put out some crazy-good music back in the 50's & 60's.

I don't care what your feelings are towards religion. You should give these guys a listen. Their sound is part soul, part R&B, part blues and even a touch of doo-wop. Killer stuff.

So, here's where my list now stands:

1. Bob Dylan - Highway 61 Revisited
2. The Jesus and Mary Chain - Psychocandy
3. Buena Vista Social Club - Buena Vista Social Club
4. Otis Redding - Complete & Unbelievable: The Otis Redding Dictionary of Soul
5. Koop - Waltz for Koop
6. The Magnetic Fields - 69 Love Songs
7. The Who - Live at Leeds
8. The Swan Silvertones - The Swan Silvertones/Saviour Pass Me Not
9.
10.

The Swan Silvertones | Mary Don't You Weep
The Swan Silvertones | How I Got Over
The Swan Silvertones | Feed Me Jesus

No comments: