Wednesday, December 20, 2006

2006 Year End Survey | Thomas Hughes of The Spinto Band

Not to be outdone by his younger brother, we received Thomas Hughes favorites of the year this afternoon.

I don't have much more to add about The Spintos from Sam's post yesterday. However, I will say that I had the chance to talk to Thomas earlier this year after their set in Montreal opening for Arctic Monkeys and he was a damn nice guy. Very kind and humble; particularly for someone with youth, talent, a killer album and a worldwide touring itinerary.

Trust me. If I had all of those things, I'd be completely insufferable.

1) What was your favorite song of 2006?

"Nervous Heartbeat" by Momus

2) What was your favorite album of 2006?

Half-handed Cloud - "Halos & Lassos"

3) What was your favorite concert of 2006?

Fuji Rock in Japan

4) What was your favorite thing about 2006?

I got a Banjolele for my birthday and it is my favorite instrument right now.

5) What are your best wishes for 2007?

I hope Louie Anderson makes it all the way though it.

Momus | Nervous Heartbeat | Buy

Here's the Spintos video for their hit "Oh, Mandy" from Nice and Nicely Done


The photo above of Thomas was taken by Katie L. Thompson. You can see the rest of her photos here.

1 comment:

Bob F. said...

Boo Phillies.

Yay Spintos!