Friday, May 05, 2006

Sambassadeur

One of my favorite Swedish pop bands last year was Sambassadeur who dropped their debut bomb on our collective ear drums last spring. Well, the quartet is back this spring with a new EP called Coastal Affairs.

I haven't heard the entire 4-track EP yet since it just came out on Wednesday and isn't available in emusic yet. However, the track, "Kate", from the disc available on their label's site is another gem featuring the beautiful and sexy vocals of Anna Persson and more irresistible hooks and melodies.

I think it's time for a US tour for these guys.

Sambassadeur | Kate
Sambassadeur | Between the Lines (from their self-titled debut)
Sambassadeur | If Rain (from their self-titled debut)

You can watch their video for "New Moon" here. It takes a long time to load but it's pretty cool. Very European feel to it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

They are catchy, I agree, i'll see them if they come to the US. Thanks for the "If Rain" track.

Flatlander said...

You're welcome. I'm glad you like it. If I get a chance tonight, I'll post a punk cover of "If Rain".

Tanner M. said...

wait a minute... isn't that guy on the left Chris Martin from Coldplay...