Saturday, March 17, 2007

MC/VL

With a publicity photo like that, I'm not sure how seriously, I take Minneapolis' MC/VL. However, I largely felt the same way, the first time I first saw pictures of The Beastie Boys back in the mid-80's. At the very least, it shows they have a good sense of humor.

I can't say I know a heck of a lot about these guys but their song "Cold Check It" popped up on my iPod early in my vacation and I repeatedly dialed it up over the rest of the week. Like The Beasties, the song is a great combo of hip-hop and rock with a big addictive fuzzy bass beat.

The song is off their debut album Stance which came out last month. Now, if I could just figure out where to buy the album, I'd be set. Unfortunately, MC/VL has chosen to not inlcude that nugget of info on their site.

Oh, well. In the meantime, play this track loud.

MC/VL | Cold Check It

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's available at the Electric Fetus, Cheapo, CD Warehouse, Treehouse, and Eclipse.

puertas metalicas cortafuegos said...

Quite worthwhile information, thanks so much for the post.