Friday, July 13, 2007

Beckham Mania | Not So Much in Montpelier

While the soccer and celebrity lovers of the country are going gaga over the arrival last night of David Beckham in LA, things are a little different in Montpelier. Here's a brief conversation I had with some old guy at tonight's Mountaineers game:

During the rain delay, I noticed the guy in front of me was wearing a Real Madrid hat which is Beckham's former club. So, I decided to spark a conversation with him.

Me: Excuse me, sir. Are you a Real Madrid fan?

Him: Huuuuuh?

Me: Your hat. Are you a Real Madrid fan?

Him: Huuuuuh?!? [He then pulls on his earlobe and turns his ear to me giving me the impression he wants me to yell into his ear.]

Me: You're hat says Real Madrid! I was just wondering if you're a Real Madrid fan!

Him: Oh. My son went to Europe for vacation and bought it for me. It's say Real Madrid [he pronounced Real as "reel" rather than the Spanish version of "rey-ahl"] . It's some soccer team over there.

Me: Uuummm. OK. Thanks.

1 comment:

noor said...


نقل عفش من الدمام الى مكة نقل عفش من الدمام الى مكة
نقل عفش من الرياض الى الدمام نقل عفش من الرياض الى الدمام

نقل عفش من الرياض الى جدة نقل عفش من الرياض الى جدة